Our Nursing Philosophy
Nursing is a vital, essential part of Lee Health.
What nurses do isn’t easy – it takes dedication and commitment and is both physically and mentally challenging. Our nurses are passionate about what they do and they continue to raise the bar.
For the nurses at Lee Health, clinical excellence is more than competence and skill: it’s about caring for our patients, one another, and our profession.
Our philosophy is this: To provide a culture that emphasizes nursing empowerment, compassion and excellence through evidence based practice. We invite you to see for yourself how the nurses of Lee Health drive bedside practice and create an atmosphere of excellence.
Nursing Philosophy Key Points:
- We all believe that the provision of highly skilled, competent and compassionate nursing care is essential.
- Regulatory and professional nursing standards provide the cornerstone of our nursing practice and patient care.
- We believe that professional nursing is a dynamic process based upon a combination of knowledge, skills and the provision of care that incorporate the professional values of respect, dignity, integrity, creativity, intellectual curiosity and commitment to excellence.
- We strive to improve the quality of patient outcomes, refine the delivery of patient care and develop our model for evidence based nursing practice.
- We recognize that each nurse has the responsibility and accountability to provide excellent care in clinical practice and patient management.
- Professional nurses have the right and responsibility to participate in decisions that affect nursing practice and patient care.
- We believe in creating a model climate for nursing practice and patient care.
- We care for all of our colleagues who are charged with the responsibility for patient care.
- Our practice is enhanced in a decentralized, professional environment. Nursing excellence is achieved through a commitment to life-long learning and professional advancement.
- We believe our patients and their families receive optimum health care in a nurturing and supportive environment that fosters interdisciplinary collaboration.
- As patient advocates, we respect the human rights of all our patients.
- We are committed to partnering with patients and their families to provide needed knowledge and skills to promote self-care and the highest state of wellness whenever possible.